Taking Care of Our Environment
“He that plants trees loves others more than himself.”
The World Wild Life Foundation seeks to to conserve nature and reduce the most pressing threats to the diversity of life on Earth.
Q: How can we and our littles become more environmentally conscious and responsible?
A: Let’s start with some environmentally friendly activities…
1. Paint with recycled objects such as cotton balls, feathers, sticks, and plastic cups. Check out Hands On as We Grow for more painting tips!
2. DIY Moss Ball using moss and yarn! Mothered Natured-Connecting Kids with Nature provides a step by step guide to this craft. For young children, close supervision is advised, given the materials.
3. Create a Play or Magic Garden 🪴
Beans, vegetables, flowers, or fruit-a play or magical garden is a great way to teach your child about the environment. Take the time to read through gardening take-aways on Family Food & Garden. Gardening Tip: Prior to planting the seeds, have your child create and draw their magical garden, and then use this as a guide when planting.
4. Create Nature Inspired Art
Mothered Natured has provided FREE printables and guides when seeking natured inspired art inspiration.
5. Read Nature and Animal Inspired Books
6. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Regrow Vegetables
Planet Protectors provides FREE recycling tool kits for children. All is required is to enter your information for shipping purposes. Learning about recycling and regrowing vegetables can be fun! Your child can experiment with their favorite vegetables and watch them regrow over the weeks!
Planet Powers showcases exactly how to regrow vegetables inside. Most require the placement into water with a specified amount of sunlight daily. Click the above link to learn more…
7. Animal Rescue Mission Activity
Team Cartwright gives this awesome STEM activity that ties in science, wildlife and preservation.
8. Save Water Nursery Rhymes