Educators! Click the link and take a quick survey to WIN a gift card to Insomnia Cookies!
Apple Fries Ingredients:
- 3 large Gala apples
- 1 Cup of flour
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 1 Cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 Cup of sugar
Caramel Dipping sauce Ingredients:
- 1 container of caramel sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Prep the apples: peel, core, then cut the apples into 8 wedges.
- Add the flour into a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs, pour into a shallow dish.
- In a second shallow dish combine the crushed graham crackers and sugar. Stir to blend.
- Line the flour bowl first, second put the beaten eggs, and crushed graham crackers, and sugar combination.
- Begin by tossing each wedge of apple in the flour.
- Dredge the floured apple pieces in the beaten eggs.
- Third, roll the apple pieces in the sugar/crushed graham cracker mixture.
- Put each prepared apple pieces on the prepped cookie sheet.
- Toss the apple slices and flour together in a large bowl. Set up a dredging station by put Dip each apple slice into the egg, and then into the graham cracker crumbs. Coat the slices on all sides and place the coated slices on a cookie sheet.
- Coat the bottom of the air fryer basket with oil.
- Do not overlap the apple pieces in the air fryer. Air fry the apples in batches. Spray the apple pieces with a light coat of oil. Air fry at 380 degrees for 5 minutes then turn the apple pieces over and for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour the caramel sauce into a serving bowl. Transfer the bowl to a microwave. Heat until the caramel sauce is warm and ready to serve with the apple fries.
PREP TIME: 25 min
COOK TIME: 7
Cheesy Garlic Parmesan Spinach Spaghetti Squash
This crazy delicious garlic parmesan spaghetti squash is one of the most popular recipes on Peas and Crayons — and for good reason too!
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME:1 HOUR
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 10 MIN
- 1 medium spaghetti squash(approx. 2-3lbs)
- 2.5 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 tsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 5 oz fresh spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 TBSP cream cheese (optional but delicious!)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese plus extra for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated or sliced mozzarella for topping to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- For easy cutting, feel free to stick your squash in the microwave to soften it up just a tad. Pierce it a few times with a knife (to help vent so it doesn’t burst) and cook for for 3-5 minutes. The knife slides through way easier this way! Smaller squash will need about 3 minutes while larger ones will be good to go at 4-5 min.
- Next grab a lipped baking sheet or a rimmed baking dish.
- Rub the cut side of the squash with a teeny bit of olive oil and place on your baking dish/sheet cut side down. Roast for about 40 minutes, or until tender and easily pierced with a fork. Cooking time will vary a bit depending on the size of your squash, and larger squash will need to roast a bit longer to tenderize. Once ready, the once rock-hard exterior of the squash will be visibly softened with a tender interior.
- The squash can be roasted and stored in the fridge for a few days if you’d like to meal prep and plan ahead for a speedier dinner.
- While the squash roasts, start on the sauce.
- In a medium pot or skillet, bring a drizzle of olive oil to medium-high heat and sauté garlic until fragrant.
- Next add the spinach and stir until wilted. Add your cream, cream cheese (totally optional but totally tasty) and parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- Once squash is done roasting, allow to cool until easily handled or pop on an oven mit and use a fork to separate and fluff the strands of spaghetti squash.
- Pour your sauce over each squash boat, stir to mix, and top with a little mozzarella cheese and additional parm cheese, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for around 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- For a golden cheesy topping, flip your oven to broil on high for just a minute or two until lightly browned. Dive in while it’s HOT!
- 1 cup chopped peaches
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds plus more for garnish
- For the peaches: In a large saucepan, bring peaches, sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon to a boil. Boil for 5-10 minutes or until the peaches are soft. If there isn’t enough liquid from the peaches, add a little bit of water. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
- For the cheesecake: In a small bowl, mix together the crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of two glasses or ramekins. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl on medium-high speed (with whisk attachment if using 5 quart stand mixer), beat the heavy cream until it starts to thicken, about 1 minute.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla then continue beating until stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes (when you pull the beaters up, peaks will form and not fall over).
- Transfer to another bowl and reserve 2 tablespoons whipped cream for garnish. Keep both cold in the refrigerator.
- In the same mixing bowl (no need to clean bowl – switch to paddle if using stand mixer), beat together the cream cheese, granulated sugar, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon vanilla until smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until fully incorporated.
- Add some of the cheesecake filling on top of each chilled crust then add some peach filling and almonds. Finish layering with the cheesecake, peaches, and almonds.
- Garnish with the reserved 2 tablespoons whipped cream. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Keep cold until ready to serve.
Leafy green spinach is a superfood that can be prepared a number of ways due to its versatility. Spinach can be used within green smoothies aa a source of fiber. Spinach can also be baked into casseroles and fried into breakfast entree’s such as eggs. Spinach (Spinacia oleracea) is a leafy green vegetable that originated in Persia. It belongs to the amaranth family and is related to beets and quinoa. Did you know spinach offers major benefits to those who choose consume this superfood?
Spinach is Rich In Nutrients
Spinach is a source of Vitamin K which aids in bone support. Vitamin K works to enhance a protein called Osteocaic that is responsible for stabilizing calcium in bones. Spinach also provides a source of calcium, Vitamin D, fiber, potassium, magnesium, and Vitamin C. The combination of these nutrients all aid in bone health.
Spinach is high in Vitamin A which eliminates viruses and bacteria. Vitamin A helps our skin and mucus membranes. Vitamin A is also known to be good for growth in bodily tissues including skin and hair. To help reduce the loss of hair and infections, the consumption of spinach is the solution.
Rich in Vitamin C, spinach supports heart health. There is a rumor that spinach helps with facial wrinkles. Pregnant mothers are advised to consume spinach to help with prenatal and cardiovascular diseases. Spinach is rich in lutein which helps prevents heart attacks and cures heart diseases.
Spinach is Low in Calories
Spinach is mostly made of water. One cup of cooked spinach is 41 calories. Spinach provides 160% of the daily goal for Vitamin A and about 40% for Vitamin C.
Spinach is a Source of Energy
Through magnesium, spinach is able to help generate energy throughout a days span. Spinach is a excellent source of folate. As you navigate through the day, the consumption of spinach helps turn your body into usable energy. Spinach is alkaline in nature. This is why spinach is a number one choice for many athletes.
Spinach Supports Brain Health
Spinach contains anti-inflammatory effects that aid in brain health. One study shows that when older adults consume one to two servings of spinach daily, that person had the same cognitive abilities as someone 11 years younger in comparison to those who did not consume greens.
Spinach Vs. Kale
Spinach and Kale are similar in a number of ways. For starters, both vegetables are leafy greens that are high in fiber. Which is better for you? Let’s look at the facts and you can determine which route to take.
- Kale has more calories per 100 g serving than spinach. It should be noted that both vegetables are still very low-cal choices.
- Both contain fiber and several other important micronutrients in varying amounts, including vitamin A, riboflavin, and calcium.
- They’re both high in vitamin K — a key vitamin involved in healthy blood clotting and bone formation.
- They’ve also each been shown to positively impact heart health by improving several heart disease risk factors, such as high cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Add kale or spinach to a salad topped with vegetables and a good source of protein.
- Both are linked to improved heart health, increased weight loss, and protection against disease.
The Best Sautéed Spinach
Crunchy Creamy Sweet provides a recipe for the best sautéed spinach and it looks delicious!
Prep Time- 2 mins
Cook Time-7 mins
Total Time- 9 mins
A fresh spinach sauteed with garlic and onions in olive oil and butter. This easiest and fastest spinach side dish is healthy and low-carb diet friendly.
Course: Side Dish
Servings: 4 Servings
Calories: 85 Calories
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic see note
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 8 oz fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat up olive oil. Add onion and saute for 4 minutes. Add garlic and butter and saute until the onion is starting to brown.
- Add soy sauce and stir well. Add spinach and gently toss to mix with sauteed onion.
- Cook until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Grapefruits, the ripe citrus fruit that can accompany a nutritious breakfast or serve as a sweet beverage for lunch and dinner. Did you know grapefruits provide Vitamin C, Potassium and Calcium?
In fact, one large grapefruit provides 190% of daily value of Vitamin C which supports the immune system. Grapefruits are also known as a low calorie fruit with just 41 calories total for one large grapefruit.
For those low in iron, grapefruits can boost iron absorption and is recommended to eat with iron rich foods. Grapefruits aid in promoting appetite control. Research shows that a diet high in fiber-rich fruits is beneficial for inducing feelings of fullness. This is because fiber slows the rate at which your stomach empties, increasing digestion time.
Grapefruit is fairly high in potassium, a mineral responsible for many aspects of heart health. Half a grapefruit provides about 5% of your daily potassium needs.
Grapefruit and Weight Loss
Eat half a grapefruit before each meal; it can help you lose up to a pound a week before sensible meals! A 12-week study had people who were overweight consume half a fresh grapefruit before a meal for 12 weeks, the results showed they lost almost 5 pounds after 4 weeks, and almost 11 ½ pounds after 12 weeks.
Other benefits of grapefruits is that they reduce acidity, increase metabolism, lowers stroke risks, boosts vitality, builds stronger bones, and increases liver health! Grapefruits contain about 92% water which makes up 20% of your daily water intake.
Grapefruit Glazed Grilled Chicken Recipe
Click the link for a recipe from Chef Jamie Gwen with Twin Eagles.
An apple is a fruit that you can prepare a number of ways. Grown on apple trees, the apple originated in Central Asia. Unlike many other fruit, apples are around every season.
Types of Apples
Apples come in many varieties and can be found at most grocery stores. There are at least 25 different types of apples. A few are listed below:
- Granny Smith
- Red Delicious
When selecting apples, be sure to have a keen eye for those plump and bruise free apples. The heavier the apple, the fresher and juicer it may be.
Sweet apples are generally the following types: Honeycrisp, Fuji, or Gala. Sour tasting apples are the following types: Granny Smith, Empire, or a Braeburn.
Health Benefits of Apples
Apples are low in sodium and high in fiber. They have pectin, a fiber that breaks down in your gut.
Apple peels protect against blood vessel and heart damage. Apples are also known to lower your risk of Type 2 Diabetes. Research and medical doctors have also given apples credit for increasing lung strength, bone health, aid in weight loss. Apples are high in fiber and water — two qualities that make them filling when it comes to weight loss.
In one study, people who ate apple slices before a meal felt fuller than those who consumed applesauce, apple juice, or no apple products.
Apples are made up of fiber, sugar, and carbohydrates. One apple is about 100 calories, 25 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of fiber. Although apples contain many health benefits, be aware that too much fruit can result in weight gain due to sugar.
Ways to Prepare Apples
Before talking about the best rated air fryers or best air fryers to purchase, we need to ask one important question, do air fryers really have health benefits? The majority enjoys that crunch and crispy moistness in a plate of French fries or fried chicken.
However, with the suiting appetizing taste comes with huge price related to oil used in cooking these delicious foods. The risk according to experts, are linked to health problems like heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, and cancer.
The good news is that you can still enjoy your fries and plate of fried chicken, without the risk of compromising your health. This is the purpose of the use of air fryer technology. Air fryer technology promises the same taste, same texture, and same golden-brown color of oil-fried foods, without compromising your health with all the fat and calories.
Cooking With An Air Fryer
Air fryer technology is a major breakthrough in the food and cooking industries, as it shifts the cooking mode from deep frying with oil, to frying with lesser oil and still getting the same result.
This is a huge milestone for those that love fried food and are still concerned with cholesterol level.
For you to really enjoy your cooking expedition with this amazing air fryer, here is a compiled a list of The Top Rated Air Fryers. These are the best air fryers to buy according to what is trending in kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Top 10 Air Fryers
Listed below are our top 10 air fryers you can invest in to start preparing a healthy and nutritious meal for you and your family members.
The Cosori Air Fryer is one of The Top Air Fryers on the Market. It cooks your food quickly with a huge reduction in the amount of oil and fumes that comes with traditional deep frying. With the Cosori Air Fryer, you can make your favorite fried foods with the same crispy, delicious flavor using little or no oil.
Cosori Air Fryer can easily air fry your food in any form, be it fresh or frozen. You can easily air fry chicken wings, chicken breast, sweet potatoes, steak, fresh fries, and many more at the touch of a button.
- Large Capacity of 5.8-quart perfect amount of food for 3–5 serving.
- 13 Cooking Functions, 11 presets, Preheat, and a ‘Keep Warm’ function
- Dishwasher safe, PFOA free, and BPA free.
Model Name : COSORI Air Fryer Max XL(100 Recipes)
Capacity : 5.8 Quarts
Color : Black/Red/White
Power : 1700W
Voltage : AC 120V
This is Number 2 on the list of Top Air Fryers on the Market. The Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer creates your favorite crispy french fries with 95% less oil. This is one of the best rated air fryers that can make a delicious and tender chicken breast or roast your favorite veggies.
The size of this best air fryer oven is perfect for growing families as well as compact enough to fit any size kitchen. The air fryer has built-in smart features that make it simple to operate with customizable programs for easy cooking and overheat protectiom for safety.
The Instapot Vortex Air Fryer is fast, versatile, and convenient. This makes it so easy to make all your favorite fried foods with less oil and no mess.
The size of this best air fryer oven is perfect for growing families as well as compact enough to fit any size kitchen. The air fryer has built-in smart features that make it simple to operate. With customizable programs for easy cooking and overheat protection for safety.
The instantpot vortex air fryer is fat, versatile, and convenient which makes it so easy to make all your favorite fried foods with less oil and no mess.
The Ultrean air fryer is the number 3 on the list The Top Air Fryers on the Market. This amazing kitchen appliance brings to you the solution of healthier and easier cooking. Fry, roast, grill with no mess! One mane benefit is you can enjoy splatter free cooking!
Ultrean air fryer you can enjoy the same with fried and crispy foods with less fat and grease. This Hassle-Free Operation provides you with accessible buttons and an easy cooking set up. It comes with an auto switch off timer (0-30mins) and adjustable temperature setting (180°F-400°F).
This is one of the top rated air fryers with a multifunction cooker that saves your time and money. Aside air frying, you can also grill, roast, and bake your favorite food with its innovative heating system-rapid air technology. This air technology is designed to cook your food evenly without the hassles of using hot oil or a thermometer.
Enjoy the following features:
- Advanced Rapid Air Technology
- LCD Display
- Detachable cooking pot
- Adjustable Timer and Temperature
- Accessible Buttons
- Scratch Free Modern Design
Brand Name : Ultrean 4.2 Quart Electric Hot Air Fryers
Capacity : 3.97 Liters
Color : Black, Blue, Red and white
Item Dimensions LxWxH : 13.21 x 11.26 x 12.42 inches
GoWISE air fryer is one of Top Air Fryers on The Market. With the GoWISE air fryer, you can cook a delicious healthy meal in less than 30 minutes, similar to other air fryers. This best rated air fryer can fry, bake, grill, and roast with little to no oil.
This is one of the best air fryer ovens with a modern and advanced touch screen tech and incorporated start/stop button which allows you to change your program mid-cycle. This fryer also as has a built-in alarm function to remind you to shake your ingredients in 5, 10, and 15-minute increments.
With this large air fryer, you’ll enjoy 8 pre-programmed cooking functions including fries/chips, pork, chicken, steak, shrimp, cake, fish and pizza. Or, use the manual controls to customize to your needs.
This air fryer is equipped with a wide temperature range from 180F to 400F and a timer for up to 30 minutes. And, it also has the ability to cook 2 meals at once with the basket divider accessory
This air fryer is PFOA-free and comes with a non-stick and PFOA-free air fry pan and basket with a cool touch handle and removable crisper tray for easy clean-up.
Tao Tronics air fryer is one of the Top Air Fryers on the Market with its brand as the “Calorie Killer” and welcoming slogan for weight loss. This is the most reliable kitchenware in your daily life.
This is a perfect appliance for everyone, from student/white collar/housewife/vegetarian. No matter if you’re cooking breakfast/lunch/dinner, you will find the air fryer is always your kitchenware with the highest attendance rate for its omnipotence.
This air fryer oven offers 11 preset menus, with precise time settings for maxi full control. This fryer takes the place of the deep fryer, oven, frying pan, toaster, sandwich maker, defroster, microwave oven. It’s time to release kitchen space with the multifunctional air fryer.
- Muffin Breakfast Sandwich: 12 mins + 320℉
- BBQ Bacon: 10 mins + 320℉
- Honey-Sriracha Wings: 35 mins + 380 ℉
- Cajun-Style Shrimp: 8 mins + 370℉ Chocolate Soufflé: 23 mins + 330℉
TaoTronics TT-AF001 11-in-1 Smart Air Fryer
Voltage: 120V – 60Hz
Capacity: 6 qt / 5.7 L
Temperature Control: 150-400°F / 65-200°C
Cooking Time Setting: 1-60mins
Item Dimension: 11.73 x 11.73 x 13.39 inches (L x W x H)
Packaged Dimensions: 15.24 x 15.24 x 15.24 inches (L x W x H)
Item Weight: 13.8 lb / 6.26 kg
Ninja Air Fryers are best known for its 4 in 1 ability, air fryer, roasting abilities, reheat and dehydrate functions, just to name a few. Visit Air Fryers with Up to 75 Percent Less Fat.
With a wide temperature range of 105 degree Fahrenheit to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, this allows you to gently remove moisture from foods or quickly cook and crisp foods with convection heat.
Four In One Functions
- Air Fry: Get the crispy, golden textures you crave without all the fat and oil.
- Roast : Make your favorite casseroles, roasted veggies, and more. No oven required.
- Reheat: Reheat and revive leftover pizza, fries, wings, and more back to crispy perfection.
- Dehydrate: Remove moisture from ingredients to make homemade dried fruits, veggie chips, and jerky.
Brand Name : Ninja Air Fryer
Capacity : 3.79 Liters
Color : Black/Gray
Item Weight : 4.9 Pounds
Explore the delicious, healthy culinary possibilities when you cook with the Chefman Turbofry Air Fryer. With this sleek, versatile cooker, you can fry up your favorites in minutes without worry about the extra fat and calories from oil. Use up to 98% less or no oil and achieve the same crunchy, satisfying results.
The Chefman Turbofry allows you to create culinary masterpieces in minutes without the mess and stress of traditional frying methods. Plus, the included frying basket and tray make for versatile meals with a simple cleanup process, as both are dishwasher safe.
Brand Name : Chefman TurboFry Air Fryer
Capacity : 2 Liters
Color : Black/Grey
Item Weight : 1.5 Kilograms
This is one of the best air fryer with large capacity for your family. The Cokunst Air Fryer oven with 6.6QT/ 7 Liter capacity is enough to supply a family of 5~8 members. The air fryer has 8 cooking presets, allowing you to air-fry extra crispy chicken wings or delicious kebabs without any difficulty.
This amazing kitchen appliances can make a delicious food with up to 80% less oil than traditional deep frying methods. Temperature controls from 104℉~392℉, timer up to 60 minutes and automatically shuts off and provides a ready signal after cooking.
Brand Name : Cokunst Air Fryer
Capacity : 4.92 Liters
Color : Shiny Silver
Wattage : 1500.00
Control Method : Touch
The Secura Air Fryer is a 3.4 Qt Electric Hot Air Fryer and uses hot air in combination with high-speed air circulation (rapid hot air) and a top grill to prepare a variety of tasty dishes in a healthy fast and easy way.
Large 32 liter basket (7 5″ diameter x 4 25″ high) provides enough capacity to cook snacks for the entire family or a main entrée. Create Healthier food by using less grease in your cooking with the “Hot Air Cooking” method.
This fryer offers rapid circulating, hot air technology for fries, roasts, grills, reheats, and bakes. For the greaseless and efficient countertop cooking, 3.4 quart locking large fryer basket cooks dinner for one or a family feast, perfectly.
This is one of the best rated air fryers in the market. It’s a 5.8Qt digital air fryer just like others. This toaster oven & oilless cooker, 1700W with 8 Preset Functions, LED Touchscreen, Shake Reminder, Non-stick Detachable Basket, BPA & PFOA Free.
This air fryer is easy to use. Also, the Comfee Airfryer can replace a deep fryer, microwave oven, fryer pan, toaster and grill. This is an amazing approach to a healthier life!
Brand Name : COMFEE Air Fryer
Capacity : 5.8 Quarts
Color : Black
Item Weight : 11.3 Pounds